Our Team 2022-23
Mrs F. Ragan
Miss R. Lawton (Weds, Thurs, Fri)
Miss S. Birtles
Mrs A. Roddy (pm) (Tue – Fri)
Class Governor: Rebecca Ashton
Teaching and Learning Newsletters
Please select from the documents below.
Year 2 Virtual Library
Topic Resources Summer Term First Half 2023
Please click on the links to access resources for the topics you are learning this half term.
Year 2 Recommended Reading List
Giving children access to all varieties of literature is extremely important for their success. Reading is a key life skill which is crucial to developing language skills and access to the wider curriculum. It provides children with the chance to respond and develop personal opinions encouraging deeper thoughts and their imagination. Our aim is to develop a love and passion for reading both at home and school. We have specially selected high quality reading books for each year group. Some of these books can be found in the classroom and some are available for loan at Lees library. Encourage your child to read as many of these books as possible throughout the year.
Please select the document below to see the books we recommend.
|ST THOMAS' LEESFIELD YEAR 2 RECOMMENDED READING LIST||[pdf 250KB]|
- Complete any activity from the 9 areas of the Year 2 homework grid
- Reading – please write in the planner to indicate when your child has read and bring their reading book every day.
- Weekly spellings – given out on a Monday
- Homework – one piece of learning to be given out every Friday and to be returned by the following Wednesday.
Things to Remember - Summer Term First Half
- Library visits are fortnightly on Wednesday – please return library books.
- PE is every Wednesday and Friday – children come to school in their PE kits on these days. In PE this half term, Year 2 will be taking part in activities to get ready for sports day as well as dodgeball & athletics.
Key Assessment Criteria for Year 2
Please access the documentation below about key assessment criteria in this class.