St Thomas' Complaints Procedures

Please visit our School Policies page to see our latest Complaints Procedure.

Oldham Council - Making a Complaint about a School

Most complaints and concerns can be dealt with informally and resolved by speaking with your child’s teacher, the Head of Year, or by making an appointment to discuss your concerns with the Head Teacher.

If you are unable to resolve matters informally then you are able to make a formal complaint in writing to the Head Teacher who will then investigate and respond to the complaint.

If matters are still not resolved or if your complaint is about the Head Teacher then you will need to put your complaint in writing to the Chair of Governors either via the school address or by writing to:

Governor Support
Oldham Council
Level 4
Civic Centre
West Street

There are some school complaint matters for which the Local Authority still retains responsibility and these include complaints relating to:

  • Some admissions to schools
  • Statutory assessments of Special Educational Needs (SEN)
  • School reorganisation proposals
  • Matters likely to require a Child Protection Investigation
  • Exclusion of children from school

For complaints about these matters or if you have any questions or need assistance to access the school complaint process you are can contact the Senior Children’s Complaints Officer by telephone on 0161 770 1129 or by email at:

You are also able to contact Ofsted regarding any concerns about schools and can do this in the following ways:

Government Advice - How to Complaint about a school

Please click on the picture link for more information.

Government Advice - SEN Complaints

If you want to complain about a school’s SEN support, you should do it while your child is still registered at the school.

This includes complaints that the school has not provided the support required by your child’s SEN statement or education, health and care (EHC) plan.