Two pupils from each class (a boy and a girl) represent the School Council. The School Council meet Mrs Ireland regularly over the school year to consider how to make our school even better.
What do School Council do?
The school councillors are elected by the children in their class:
- They go to school council meetings and take part in discussions
- They let the class know what has been discussed at the meetings
- They take the views of the classmates to the school council
- Be involved in projects that the school council runs.
A School Councillor...
- is committed and determined to make a difference.
- always thinking about ways to improve the school.
- talks to children and staff about the school council.
- Learns new skills.
- Has ideas about things the school council can do.
- listens to other childrens' views and understands them.
- Cares about school and wanting to improve it.
Our School Council 2017-18
Hello, we are the School Council of St. Thomas Leesfield C of E Primary School. In our latest School Council meetings we have been discussing the Worry Welly and Suggestion Sock. With the Worry Welly we put in our worries so that we can share them with the class to make them better and in the Suggestion Sock we put suggestions in for the School Council so that we can make our school even better! From the Suggestion Socks we have successfully received some suggestions which are, a quality and quantity trophy in year 6 but we are hoping the suggestion will spread around the school. We are also considering new fixed equipment for the juniors. Thank you for reading our report so far about our School Council.
Who are the School Council 2017-18
Reception - Thomas and Halle
Year 1 - Nicole and Jessica
Year 2 - Finley and Lilly
Year 3 - Bobby and Emily
Year 4 - Fayzaan and Evie
Year 5 - Jasmine and Maddison
Year 6 - Ruby and Curtis